Thread: Book Error
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 03, 2003, 01:44pm
Official Forum Member

NFHS: Subvaristy JV game this past weekend where the teams were playing each other for the second time. The home team did not have anyone to do the book and grabbed someone from the stands. I thought we were lucky that the coach had previously copied over the visiting teams line ups from the last time the two teams had played and that we were able to start on time. I skimmed the home book for illegal numbers and confirmed the correct number of players for both teams. I never looked at the visting book and the youngster keeping it, minded his own business.

1/2 way through the first half I call a foul on the visiting team, player #25, and there is no player #25 in the home book. Apparently the visiting team had changed some of its players numbers from the last time they played back in December. The visitng team book had the correct player numbers.

So if the home book always the official book then I would have to assess a TECH to the visiting team for having a player number in the game who is not in the home book? Is it the duty of the visiting team book keeper to ensure the information in the home book is correct? Or is the home team at fault for copying and not having a score keeper ready?

thanks again
GTW