View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 31, 2011, 05:48pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaMike View Post
I agree with you there. Unfortunately in Iowa, many of the same guys work year after year, both boys and girls state tournaments. There are guys who work both tournaments 15 consecutive years or more. The same holds true in baseball. I have a hard time believing there are so few good officials in the entire state that they have to use the same officials every year. It seems that once a person gets the chance, which is rare, they will get to come back on a pretty regular basis until their officiating career is finished.
Are you talking State Finals or just tournament? I am asking because the State Finals is very different than State Tournament. I have no problem with officials working in the State tournament for years if they have the ratings and considered the best. But working the State Finals would be another issue as that is the top level. And we have 4 separate tournaments that start (technically 8 if you include classes and genders) and not everyone is available to work all of them. As a matter of fact many do not make themselves available for all of them.

Peace