Thread: inbounds delay
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 31, 2011, 02:02pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
Not sure what this means. A high school official of some merit who happens to be calling an 8th grade game is, at the moment, an 8th grade official. I don't see why he should take any more or any less crap than any other 8th grade official.
Because he has more experience and is more likely to call a technical foul when bad behavior happens than a guy with less experience. Look at the post by the OP for example -- he thinks it's terrible that the experienced partner (who sounds like he works some decent HS varsity games) called a T "in that situation." I think that the OP would be better served here saying, "You know, he has a lot more experience than I do. Perhaps I could learn from him."

My line doesn't adjust when I work a youth game. It may be different than the line drawn by all the other officials this guy will see, but I fail to see how this is my problem. For the most part, the rare time I fill in at this level I get along great with the coaches. I listen, answer questions, and leave no doubt where that line is.