View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 30, 2011, 06:15pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFussRef View Post
Our HS Rec League follows the "3 unsporting T-fouls on a team= forfeit/game over" rule.

What does a pregame/halftime dunk T-foul fall under?

I whacked 2 players same team a few seconds apart during halftime for climbing the net/rim-hanging dunks. (thats 2). Later we had 1 legit unsporting T on same team.

We allowed the game to go on as this was 2 teams from same HS and was more like a friendly scrimmage than anything else. It was actually the best sportsmanship and behavior from both teams all year. But for sake of argument is a deadball dunk "unsporting T" or something else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
You need to ask your rec league that question. We can't answer it. It's their rule, not the NFHS's.
Agreed. I had a player DQ a few years ago in Iowa when the kid had one "mouth" T for yelling at me. His other T was for reaching across the inbound plane and slapping the ball.

I called the state the next day about the report, and he said not to worry about it since they only considered one of those Ts to be unsporting. They weren't going to give the kid a suspension.

I would venture to guess, with the question at hand, they would say to play on. Unsporting Ts are 10-3-6, the half-time dunking/hanging Ts are 10-3-3.

Either way, check the authorities for that game.