Thread: Bump and Run
View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 29, 2011, 08:13am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Butterfly182310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
I think you're all misreading Billy's post.

The play is a violation IN the backcourt on the trail's sideline...and it was a violation on the offensive team (backcourt violation...but could have easily been a travel or any other violation). The trail will administer that throwin, on the sideline, with the old lead running coast to coast. It is only offensive violations on the trail's side in the frontcourt that causes a bump-n-run.
I don't recall a coast to coast switch on a violation ever having been proper mechanics.

Federation 2 person... It doesn't matter if it's front court or back court. It doesn't matter which sideline the throw-in is coming from. Old trail becomes new lead. Old lead becomes new trail. Forcing old lead to become new lead just delays the resumption of play while he gets into position. Seems to make more sense for both officials to reposition simultaneously by going half the length of the court rather then waiting for one official to travel the entire length of the court.

The only time I can see going from lead to lead is if play has drawn both officials to be nearly opposite each other. Then the trail official might give his/her partner a nod, sending them to the opposite endline, rather than coming across the court. Still wouldn't be "proper" mechanic though.

Now, if you're working with someone who doesn't move real well, and you want to help him out, go ahead and run the length. You'll have a greatfull partner. Just realize that if you get into that habit, you could look like a Chinese Fire Drill when you work with someone else.