View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 28, 2011, 11:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jritchie View Post
I know we have talked about this before, but.... had 2 situations in the game the other night where everyone in the place goes nuts, fans, coaches, assignor after the game, pretty much everyone and I got no calls in both situations.
First half, seeded district game, White goes under basket and up for a shot, Blue goes to block shot and misses by a finger nail the ball as it's going up not on back-board yet, but slaps the heck out of the backboard during this block shot attempt. His hand hits and it cracks like a fire cracker loudly, it moves the backboard a little, the ball comes off of course and everyone is going nuts. You can't have a goaltend, you can't have basket interference, the only thing you could have was a T for slapping if intentional, but in my opinion it was a block shot attempt...so I got nothing!

Second half, same thing happens except it's the opposite teams this time, so we got no call again, and the other half of everyone in the place, goes nuts for the same reason..

After game, assignor comes in and says we missed two T's tonight and said we needed to read up on the rule..... AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

I know the block shot attempt moved the backboard a little and it probably did cause the ball to come off, but is there a rule that says I can count a basket for some reason other than what I've listed?? I don't think it was intentional, they were just trying to hit the ball hard off the board and missed the ball, so I got nothing and partners had nothing.....
Right, Wrong, anything to add?????????
I would have done exactly what you did. I think its also cool that you were consistent with both teams! 10-3-4b

Last edited by Loudwhistle; Fri Jan 28, 2011 at 11:37am.