View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 28, 2011, 11:06am
Official Forum Member

Your thoughts - When to say NO

Here is the situations that have occurred locally. I am the interpreter for my association. I get phone calls regularly from refs and coaches. This is the latest (2 seperate cases)

Case ONE: School has decided to schedule refs instead of using assignor on NON-League games: The AD has a wife that is a ref. He has scheduled her with 2 other refs (one is a coach at the district, 5th grade; the other's wife is a principal in the district) The games that they have gotten are Girl's Varsity games, I have received emails and calls from coaches and refs about this. I too think it is a bad practice, how should I handle this?

Case 2: A ref in my association was scheduled to a girls varsity game from our assignor. IT was a game that featured 2 of the best teams in that class. The away team is the district he lives in, kids go to the school, play sports for, and he and his wife are actively involved in the district. Coach calls and was furios about him being on that game and also about the job he did. I have not seen the game film yet. Any suggestions> Side note the official that did this was my best man at my wedding and I have had previous discussions about this with him in previous years.