Thread: Great night
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 27, 2011, 01:29pm
Official Forum Member

Yes it seems to work BUT understand this is said to coaches that I have worked with for years so they understand what I mean and expect and they also know they can still approach me about a call and I am okay with that. BTW, this is not my line, I learned it from a seasoned official a while back - seemed to work well with him so with permission I started using it.

I would not say it to a coach that is a coach I have never been around ,etc. As I said, I simply say to them "let play a good clean game, any questions?" .

I have very few issues with coaches. I answer their questions if appropriate but if they have worked with me before they also know I am not going to let them question every call/no call during a game. The crew I am on continually is requested by schools so obviously we are doing something right.

I do HS mainly but will also work JV and MS if needed - I am not insulted to be asked to do a MS game like so many officials are. My assigner has never had a complaint about me - or if he has it hasn't been enough to bring to me and I call as often as I want - never in want for games.

Last edited by RobbyinTN; Thu Jan 27, 2011 at 01:31pm.