View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 26, 2011, 06:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
The tall girl, much to her credit, just turned around and tossed the ball to me. The defender said something to the tall girl (I couldn't hear it) and the tall girl slapped her right across the face!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
And if I had heard her taunt the other player, that's probably what I would have done. But I didn't hear what she said. She might have just said, "Sorry" or something else like that. Maybe the tall girl was just upset that she got pushed and wanted to retaliate and the words meant nothing at all.

My point is that I wasn't going to assume the defender taunted the tall girl. All I would need is for her coach to ask me what she said to deserve an ejection and I'd have to reply, "DUH, I dunno?"
I think you're burying your head in the sand here and failing to punish the player most at fault. The tall girl goes from cool, calm and collected to slap fighting and you're going to assume the defender was apologizing? I don't think you need to have heard what was said here as it was obviously enough to provoke a fight.

As to what to tell the coach, "It doesn't matter what she said, she provoked a fight."