View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 25, 2011, 02:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stir22 View Post
this is an interesting thread; thanks to all.

i have two questions: newer ref, 3rd year, mid-level rating in out pool.

first, regarding the dropped shoulder- some of our guys say its an automatic charge...some don't. i don't know what to do. i've only called it twice (dropped shoulder charge), neither time was the call in doubt. can any of you veterans expound on when this wouldn't be a charge?
Its not a p/c foul when contact is not made or when it doesnt put the defender at a disadvantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stir22 View Post
secondly, i don't know how to handle the ***'t coaches. twice this year they have been yapping at me. do you guys even respond to them, or just tell the head coach to control his bench? a guy in our pool told me to never give a t to an ***'t coach...that it is always a t, indirect to the head coach, which counts towards ejection. any advice would be appreciated.

thank you.
There sure are a lot of automatics, nevers & always...

Say the assistant coach calls you an a-hole, you hit the bench & indirect to the HC. He says it again, you could've ran him this time but you chose not to assess it to the AC.

If I have definite knowledge of the offender on the bench, I give it directly to them & indirectly to the coach.