View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 25, 2011, 08:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
MTD, Jr., and I had a girls' Jr. H.S. doubleheader (7th grade game followed by the 8th grade game) last night.

Late in the third quarter V1 fouled H1 in the act of shooting, and MTD, Jr., made the call from the T. He reported the foul while I observed the players and made the switch from old L to new T. Before we could start shooting the free throws, V-HC moved out of her coaching box to a spot in front of the Table and started complaining to me about the officaiting (so what else is new, ). I politely told her that she had to return to her coaching box and then moved into my T position for the free throws. Immediately her assistant coach yelled: "She is in her coaching box." I gave MTD, Jr., the stop sign and moved toward the division line and told V-HC that we did not want to hear anymore from her assistant coach. V-HC immediately replied: "That was me talking." To which I replied: "Coach, I know it was your assistant coach because she referred to you in the third person."

After the game, the H-AD, who is also the 8th grade English teacher, runs the clock for both games, came into the dressing room with water and told us that he loved my reference to the assistant coach talking about the head coach in the third person.

MTD, Sr.
Doesn't the calling official stay at the table? Or do you guys do it differently locally?