Thread: Extra duty
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 24, 2011, 11:07am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
I flew out of O'Hare for the first time in 5 years in November. Miserable, miserable experience. I had to interview a potential new employee for my company and then head directly to Kansas City, so I had little choice. I got yelled at by the TSA and the ridiculed when I refused to go through the nude-o-scope (I refuse to subject myself to unnecessary radiation just cause it makes Ma and Pa Kettle feel safer when they fly once every 5 years).

I won't fly any airlines that even *connect* at O'Hare, which is why I've flown nothing but Northwest (now Delta) for the past 5 years.
I go to O'Hare several times a year. My mom flies out of O'Hare several times a year to go to conferences twice during the summer and she drives up here to fly out of Chicago as opposed to flying out of St. Louis or the Quad Cities Cities. I also have picked up many people at Midway as well.

I love O'Hare as most flights I take are obviously from there and I go there often to pick up friends and family when they come to Chicago. It is easy to get in and easy to get out of. Midway is a nightmare to get to at many times a day, while O'Hare is 20 minutes from my house and even on the worst day of traffic it is relatively easy to get to. Midway would take me an hour get to and I have no idea when I can get back. I can leave late to pick someone up at O'Hare, park and be at the terminal so fast that I can do this all in my sleep. And having been to the Miami and LAX and DFW, I would take O'Hare any day over those I mentioned and the wait to get on a plane. I do not travel as much as others, but I have had very good experiences for the most part (other than United Airlines who I hate until this day). It just shows that we all want different things when we travel.

Peace