View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 23, 2011, 01:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
I dont understand how someone has never called (and i have met a small handful of these guys) or rarely called a T. I dont think 20 is to much as it depends on what happened in your games. This year I think im around 15. 1 has been a direct to the coach 2 has been indirect plus ive had 1 administrative. About 5 have been for dead ball contact and the rest have been for players just acting the fool (slamming the ball, pulling out jersey's after a call, and just acting way out of line).

I think the more games you do you SHOULD eventually have a T as its a game of numbers and a T is just another call such as a block/charge. Its one that is earned and there is nothing to be proud of having the most or never having any at all.
I have a guy I worked with, he reffed for near 40 years. Did more than 100 games a year each year and NEVER called a "T".

I am with you guys, it's part of the game. Oh, I had one who saw a PRE game dunk in warm ups and I said, " You "T"ing him up for that?" He said, "No, I am just going to tell him not to do it again".....