View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 21, 2011, 03:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyinTN View Post
Don't act like a newbie and no one will know!! Call the game according ot the book and you shouldn't have a problem. Make sure you pre-game with your U to ensure you have your rotation correct, etc.

As far as being the R - if you understand the responsibilities of the R then you should have no problem. Hint - try practicing throwing the ball up a few times before you get to the game - this will give you an idea of how much to put on it to get the ball high enough but not to high.
+1
When I was starting out, I practiced my toss by using a large vertical beam in our living room that is about 12' high. (always do this alone at home) I try to throw "straight" up the beam, but not hit the ceiling or the beam. The beam helps to keep the throw straight. After a few tosses, you'll get the "range" I would guess I throw it up about 10'. Make sure you start with the whistle in your mouth, spit the whistle and then toss. Duplicate exactly what you would do in a game. ( you may want to move any lamps that are in the near vicinity as I muffed the ball coming down once and broke one. Good thing we have a dog, wife wasn't happy later when she came home.) Blamed the dog.