Thread: Big Screw Up
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 19, 2011, 02:51pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyinTN View Post
Not sure how everyone else gets their assignments but ours are made using Arbiter. You get an email informing you that you have a new game (or games), you log into Arbiter and accept or reject. If you accept, all the information about the game is there to include which position you are (R, U1 or U2), who your partners are (with all their contact info), where the game will be played (with address & phone number), who the game adminstrator is as well as who the billing official is. If a supervisor will be observing, you know who that will be as well. I love this system. It also sends you an email reminder 3-4 days prior to game day with the information in it as well.

In other words, there is no excuse for showing up at the wrong location.
Part of the problem is you also get the visiting team information. I'm not saying it's excusable, but in the middle of a busy season it's definitely possible to get your wires crossed and mess this up. That's why it's standard protocol here for the R to call the rest of the crew two days ahead of time. If I'm the/a U and haven't heard from the R, I'll initiate the calls.