Thread: Warranted T?
View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 18, 2011, 04:47pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpea View Post
"Coach, officiating is all about getting the correct angle. When you're in position to see the whole play, you'll get it right almost 100% of the time. When you're out of position...you're just guessing. Who do you think was in better position to see that play...you @ 60 ft away...or me @ 5ft?"

try that next time....OR...

"Coach did you see that play? (YES)...then you know it was a foul, you really can't complain about it, can you."
"Coach did you see that play? (Not Really)...then you really can't complain about it, can you?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jTheUmp View Post
Consider that stolen.
Don't be so quick to steal it. I had a supervisor at a game observe me call a travel followed by the coach saying "that's wasn't a travel". My supervisor told me he saw me respond with "that was a travel" (which is what I did say). ]

My supervisor said I shouldn't be so intent on being right b/c the game film might come back to bite you in the a$$ one day. He said either don't respond or ask a question like "did I miss it?" or "what did you see?".

Of course that's just his opinion (based on his own experiences), but since he is giving me games you best believe I will adhere to that advice.