Thread: Got some Q's
View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 14, 2011, 11:24pm
Official Forum Member

Got some Q's

This is the local college game.

1.) The coach (home) got T'd up. Does he not have to sit in college? I never once saw him sit, he just kept his mouth shut after that.

2.) There was a post play/pivot move away from the C with both the T and L on that side (obviously, but you never know). The C called the foul, block/hold I can't remember. Was he in the right? Was that his PCA?

3.) The ref is administering a throw-in on the end line near the corner. This is the home team's side of the gym and bench. There are couple guys that like to stand in that corner area/door way and hoot and holler and dumb a$$es. This kid kept creeping closer and closer towards the area of play. He disagreed with the call this ref had just made. The guy asked him to take his seat, the kid didnt and took a step toward the ref. The ref said buh-bye to which the kid grabbed his coat but still stood there and kept talking. Thankfully the AD was walking by and the ref grabbed him. Question is, had the AD not walked by, how much are you allowed/going to stand there and make sure this kid leaves? (I know these two, I would've tossed them too. They just make stupid stupid comments and holler awfully rude things that shouldn't be said at all let alone to an official. He wouldn't have shut up if the ref just resumed play after the kid refused to leave the gym.)

4.) I know I don't call college, but I just want to know whats going on when I'm a fan at these games. Is there somewhere online you can get both NCAA rules?

And can I say, just for the record, I really really dislike being a fan that officiates surrounded by arm chair refs and basketball parents. They yell the dumbest crap and rudest comments. I'm pretty sure thats it, if not I'll let you all know.