Thread: Things I hate
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 13, 2011, 06:37pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Out Of Bounds Responsibilities ???

Over the past few years, our local board, and I believe, our state board, has switched from NFHS mechanics, to IAABO mechanics, without much fanfare. Rookie officials have only had instruction in IAABO mechanics. Veteran officials are only familiar with the old NFHS mechanics where the lead has the nearest sideline all the way back to the backcourt endline. As a result of this generational gap, and the confusion regarding out of bounds responsibilities, the following was announced at our last meeting, hoping to get everyone on the same page. Keep in mind that Connecticut is the "Land of Two Person Games".

When Trail is not across the basketline: Lead had frontcourt endline, and nearer sideline back to the division line.
Trail has nearer sideline, division line, and all three backcourt boundaries.

When Trail is across the basketline: Lead had frontcourt endline, and nearer sideline to the free throw line extended.
Trail has nearer sideline, farther sideline above free throw line extended, division line, and all three backcourt
boundaries.

During transition, press, and press break, situations, the Lead, hanging back to help, will have out of bounds
responsibilities on the entire nearer sideline.

How are other boards, or associations, handling these out of bounds responsibilities?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)