View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 29, 2003, 05:11pm
Official Forum Member

Last night

This situation happened with me and my partner last night but it was a little different,plus this was a Rec league game also.

Team A and Team B are tied and Team A is planning on taking the last shot. A1 gets an open look at a 3 and drains it with 4 seconds left. Team B inbounds the ball and races up the sideline. While this is going on Team A's bench is jumping up and down on the sidelines and one of their players accidently strolls onto the floor right in front of B1 while B1 is attempting a 3/4 court shot. BOOM! A collision occurs and B1 gets upset at A6. I race over to get in the middle then I confer with my partner. We make our decision and call both coaches..errrr..team representives over and explain what we are going to do.

We called a T on A6 for coming onto the floor without reporting and another one on the team for too many players on the floor. We awarded 4 free throws which, of course,B1 makes 3 of 4 sending the game into OT. Team A went onto win the game and after all was said and done both teams were appreciative of the way we handled things.

[Edited by dsimp8 on Jan 29th, 2003 at 04:13 PM]