View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 05, 2011, 11:01am
Certified Non-Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post
Was there 7 team fouls on the board? You'd think 1 of the 3 officials would check the clock following a whistle...
No, the scoreboard actually jumped from 6 fouls listed to 8. This also drew attention to the error, although after the fact. What might have drawn attention was the fact the scoreboard stayed on "6" for two fouls in a row, but the two fouls occurred within probably 30 seconds (real time, not clock time) of each other and it was bang-bang.

I don't think anything was fishy, btw. From watching it play out, and this is just my opinion, the R was trying to calculate in his head if the error was still correctible because I doubt it's something he deals with every day. While he was doing that, the ball became live. I thought he made a legit effort to look at correcting it, but then realized the correctible time period had lapsed. That was the reason I asked, so I don't make a similar mistake in the future. It's also why I'm not criticizing, these guys are working varsity games and I'm not. They've been at it alot longer and maybe I missed something.