View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 04, 2011, 10:59am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Upward ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post
Not sure if anyone intercepted the calling official prior to reporting in the OP, if not, this is one of the many reasons why we should come together first & talk it out.
As a newbie I feel this is very important . especially as we're learning communication with partner(s). You experienced guys and gals can communicate a lot with subtle looks and gestures etc that I don't yet pick up on , as well as partner to partner signals. And learning/trying to use proper mechanics . It's all part of the "don't rush" advice I've recieved here in previous threads , I need (and mostly have been getting) a few extra seconds sometimes on "normal " plays and procedures , more so on more complicated and important calls . If us newbies forget or mess up a mechanic , our partners don't know what's going on either! ( 2 shots or not, shot counts or not, spot of throw in, who's the foul on,warnings that were supposed to have been issued ...) I also had charged a t to a player instead of the team, knowing the throw in/plane violation rule, but messing it up anyway.This time it didn't result in a dq, but could have. Whats automatic with you , I may need to confirm or be corrected on. Then we won't need to "undo it" later in the game Maybe even the old heads need to take as much time as necessary to get it right.