Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dhodges007 Send a message via Yahoo to dhodges007
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by dhodges007
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Seriously, though, is it worth the money? At what point does the local association camp cease to be adequate? I don't mind spending the money if I get enough out of it, but I'm not sure I'm there yet. Any suggestions how to decide?
My opinion, it is the best training out there. This is where the professional officials get looked at and picked up and you have the best of the best watching and training you. My thoughts are, where do you want to go with your officiating. If you want to be a professional (NBA, WNBA, OR NBDL), then I would look at going. I would also talk to someone that has been there or has enough experience to know whether it would do you any good. I think one should attend a D1 camp first.
Thanks, Hodges, I appreciate the advice. It sounds like you got it just about right. I don't think I'm ready yet, although I definitely intend to get there! I wish the advertising didn't say, for the beginner up to the professional. Going to a camp like that too early can be a detriment sometimes, can't it?
Anytime

My two sense!