View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 01, 2011, 05:03pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
Cobra, everyone who posts here is posting their opinion. No one has to type "in my opinion" every time they write something.

Geoffrey, I hadn't heard you're an alternate on a college staff. Congrats. We're all real impressed.

I haven't bullied anyone. You're then one telling me to stop posting. Again, I will continue to voice my opinion, whether it's about your precious Big Ten or anything else I choose.

Have a nice day, gentlemen.
Big Fat Tony,

You do not have to be impressed but I do know the conversations that go on with these kinds of calls. If you are simply a HS official that mentality is different you may not understand the process or the training that goes into these kinds of calls. It is like people who only work HS basketball comment on what is called at the college level in basketball but do not realize that the NCAA want more calls made on all kinds of things. This issue has been discussed so much in the past 2 or 3 years (remember the Washington-BYU game a few years ago). Again is it OK to disagree with the call, but to say it represents the Big Ten good or bad based on two completely different teams is silly. Only someone that knows little to nothing about college football officiating says that. You may know something, but that was just silly on the face of it considering how the assignments are made. This is not your local officiating association we are talking about here, these are guys all over the region to work games and they must follow something or there are guys in many D1 officials or guys in conferences like CCIW or many other small conferences that will take their place. For the record I have not real aspirations to work that level as I do not know if I can give up my basketball.

Yes, I do work college ball and it is not high school ball as it is not like working high school sports. Much more scrutiny and they will find someone else to work those games very quickly if you do what guys say on a discussion board. The only person that holds you accountable is your crew and you may go an entire season of high school ball and not hear a single person tell you to do something right or wrong in football. At the college level you might have an evaluator that tells you what is done and there is a game report sent after every game. Just a little different process.

Peace