Thread: Messy situation
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 30, 2010, 08:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwest View Post
No you are agreeing with me. You agree this is not a correctable error therefore rule 2.10 doesn't apply. Yet you have failed to show me the rule that says categorically that a T can't be wiped out. Since this situation doesn't fit the description of rule 2.10 we can't use it but there are other rules other than 2.10. This scenario is not covered by any rule, therefore, 2.3 is applicable.

What would happen if you called the T and where lining up to shoot the free throws but before the first three throw is taken the table buzzes you over? They found the original roster handed in by the coach. It had the player on the roster and the scorer just failed to copy it down.

What are you going to do?
So, by your reading of 2-10, I can in the 4th quarter go back and assess a non-shooting foul from the 1st quarter that I just now realized I missed because you know 2-10 doesn't cover that situation so it can be corrected any time? No, 2-10 lists the only instances we can correct were an official has made an error by setting aside a rule. If it isn't there it can't be fixed.

If we have not restarted the game by making the ball live, we have not yet committed an error.