View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 28, 2010, 04:37pm
This IS My Social Life

Don't Get Hit in the Back of the Head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
You're the T (two man). There's a quick steal near the division line, and we're going the other way, one on one, with you as the L.

Do you...
*Sprint to the end-line right away, regardless of where the players are?
*Hang back a bit until the layup?
*Let your eyes determine your spot on the floor?
I'll take a stab . . . . . .

A. Sprint, yes. But don't let that keep you from using your head as a periscope looking back at the play. You need to see the play as it's transitioning down court. No sense sprinting to the endline only to miss a necessary call before the dribbler gets that far.
B. If you get beat, that's ok. "Loop back" when the play passes you, prioritizing getting a good angle on the play that develops in front of you.
C. ???

Especially tricky, as I found again last week, when a shot goes up from across the court from you near the three point arc. Neither you, from across the court transitioning, nor your partner, still transitioning and likely yet in the backcourt, have a good look at this one. Good luck seeing if it's a two or a three, cuz this is a difficult one to get. That's apparently why they pay you and me the big bucks.

Sound solid?