View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 17, 2010, 03:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpea View Post
if the "outside" official, the C, simply let's the L make the call, you don't have a blarge.
This is pretty much the only statement I agree with. And it doesn't necessarily make it right. It's just true.

Quote:
it is exponentially easier to referee a play that is coming towards you, rather than a play that is going away from you.
If both officials have good angles on the relevant action and have seen the whole play, this may be true. In this case, for any number of reasons it absolutely is not.

Quote:
The C (who had the same angle as the announcers - Dave Pasch & Len Elmore) could not see the defender move to his right to try and take the charge.
Why would you say this? There's no reason C couldn't see the defender's movements the entire time. He certainly had a better view than the L who had to look through two other players and out of his primary to see the defender.

Quote:
Did you happen to notice where the contact occurred? (defender was standing on the lane line). This is L's call....
You do know that a player standing even fully in the half of the lane opposite the L, let alone on the lane line on that side, is not in the L's primary, and is in fact in the C's PCA, don't you?

I agree with most posters here that this is a clear PC foul - I'm willing to listen to an argument that LGP hadn't been established, but I think that's a tough one to make. Regardless, the L had no look at this play.