View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 17, 2010, 01:39pm
Official Forum Member

Since this is an open forum I will give my opinion too...

After listening to the interview, for ME, I have a less negative opinion of the young man. Listening to Holland he doesn't in my opinion (as stated before) appear to be this thoughtless, mean spirited, thug, and bully that society should fear and consequently lock away forever.

I am not an attorney so I can't say if this interview seriously hurt him in the upcoming legal issues he will probably face but for some this interview shed a different light than the one the world has seen constantly on You Tube and most news stations.

I've heard my colleagues focus on 2 comments he made about his actions "being part of the game" and that the game “was taken away”. But also realize the young man said He felt like he let everybody down by his actions, that he wants to apologize to the official, and what happened on the court “wasn’t acceptable” and wants to apologize to everyone.

As officials it’s ok to be angry at someone who brings harm to us or a fellow official. The Question is how many of us can eventually forgive?

(Stealing Rut’s quote)
Peace