Thread: Game Over
View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 15, 2010, 10:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chseagle View Post
In the appendix of the rules book as well.

Sure most sub-varsity contests not all the rules are strictly enforced, but why is that?

Concerning having qualified people do table for all levels, it could be done if those selected to do table didn't care about Varsity only.

The person we have do Varsity timing can easily do the JV game before, however she never shows up to the gym until the 4th quarter of the JV game in Gym 1 or she is assisting the concession stand. Apparently she gets paid only to do the Varsity games & so has no interest to assist with the other games.
You won't find many associations that will mandate adults for sub-varsity because..well its sub-varsity. While the games are important to those playing the game, it's still not as important as varsity in the grand scheme of things.

I guess if you wanted to get more adults to do the lower level games, you could make sure they get paid for those games. Even still, some people wouldn't want to do it. You can place restrictions like mandating someone do two games, but when that pool of those that want to be at the table is small as it is, placing restrictions doesn't help. Plus paying an adult for the sub-varsity as well would be an additional cost that schools would have to pay. And I don't know about you, but I'd rather have 3 officials for varsity than have that money go to having an adult for a sub-varsity game.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Last edited by APG; Wed Dec 15, 2010 at 10:43pm.