View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 11, 2010, 07:58pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
It is a factor. I would not say it is "the" factor. But it certainly is a factor. And anyone says you call fouls without knowing something about the result of the contact (which does not have necessarily have to do with the ball going in the basket is lying or does not have very good judgment IMO). And yes it usually is a bigger factor on marginal contact.
In the original post, bainsey said that B2 fouled A1. Note...he unambiguously said that B2 fouled A1. He didn't say that there might have been a possibility of incidental contact. We knew the result of the contact because bainsey told us. He told us that the result of the contact was B2 gaining an advantage through the contact. That's what's known as a "foul".

Put me down for not having good judgment then, because I ain't lying when I say that if B2 fouls A1, every official in the world should call the damn foul imo. The contact may have been marginal but the contact was definitely illegal, not incidental. Bainsey flat out told us that when he told us that the defender gained an advantage through the contact.

You'd really allow a defender to gain an advantage through a foul? I can see waiting to see if the contact actually gave the defender an advantage or not, and ignoring the contact if you felt that there was no advantage gained. But when we are told that there was absolutely no doubt that an advantage was gained?

Lah me......we just ain't gonna agree on that one.

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Sat Dec 11, 2010 at 08:05pm.