View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 08, 2010, 05:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
I guess I will agree to disagree. This is not adult ball. This is the foundation to adult ball. These are players that sometimes need attention and protection. I believe it a part of my professional duties to protect the game and the players. I'm not saying to what extent. I think each situation will be dictated by numourous items and each time it will be different. But to turn your back because it might not be what some would refer to as "none of my business" is a chicken **** way out of a responsibility you took when you walked onto the field as an umpire to protect the integrity of the game we love.
These are players WITH PARENTS/LEGAL GUARDIANS who are responsible for their well being. Just because you don't care for something doesn't mean the world should adjust to you. Personally, I believe it is everyone's responsibility as an american to respect that.

And, BTW, it isn't any of your business and you can call it CS or whatever, but your PROFESSIONAL responsibility is to officiate a ball game. If you want to be more, get a badge.

You want to observe and witness, that is fine, didn't suggest you ignore it. However, the moment you take any action is the moment you are no longer a witness, but a participant and that is not your purpose there.

You are entitled to your view, but I would suggest you be careful where you intrude. Good Samaritans are not always appreciated and can easily become the villain.