View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 05, 2000, 03:08pm
Do not give a damn!!

Question What are you trying to accomplish?

What kind of camps are these that you are going to. Are they D1 camps or just camps for learning. A D1 official told me once, "that you should go to a camp not to learn but to get hired." I do not know about where you are, but my state requires us to go to a camp to keep our licence at the HS level. So there are camps all the time during the summer and fall to fufill that requirement. Really there is no need to go out side of the state, unless you want to get hired by a D1 conference. There are even many Junior College camps you can attend here. So it all depends on what you are trying to accomplish by going to one.

Quote:
Originally posted by Love2ref4Ever
I am a 11 year basketball official,And I have attended 3 basketball camps.All of these camps were in a different state from where I live. The information I received from this paticular camp was worth more than the air fare I paid to attend the camp.After returning home from camp,I am allways asked the same question "Why do you go to another state to go to camp when those asigners and supervisors can't help you back in your state" I need some feedback from other officials,I believe I am doing the right thing going to this camp,I would like to know if there are any other officals faced with the same dilema.