View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 03, 2010, 10:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seddy View Post
Nope, just a coach understandably frustrated with a ticky-tack call deciding a game in which his kids fought hard throughout and battled back to tie.

The problem with refs wanting to hide behind the "a foul is a foul is a foul" argument and make the art of officiating black and white is the fact that this call literally decided the game. I guarantee you that similar "fouls" earlier in the game were let go. I'd venture a guess that there's a part of the official (Doug Sirmons) who wishes he hadn't blown his whistle.
The problem with the media and general public is on one instance, they want to "let the players on the floor decide the game." Then when there's an instance where a no call happens at the end of the game, we hear the usually dreck about us "swallowing our whistles" and that "a foul is a foul." A no-win situation.

Do I think the official who made the call regrets the whistle? I doubt it.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Last edited by APG; Fri Dec 03, 2010 at 11:09am. Reason: grammar