View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 24, 2003, 09:44am
Official Forum Member

Hawk, you should know better. If you come here and criticize an official some of these guys will blast you. You are correct and it ticks me off when the vets don't know the rules. I was off Monday and Wednesday this week so I went and watched a couple of games my very good friend was working. I consider him a good example on the court and he has coached and been officiating now for 10+ years varsity and done some college. What I observed was an arrow mistake, arrow wasn't switched after OT toss, wrong team crosses halfcourt with ball,table buzzes and informs them, they give it back to the other team, understandable but wrong by rule. Next night, my buddy gives a girl a T in the first quarter for having an earring in, absolutely wrong, and how could they not have seen it in warmups. His partner gives a coach two T's within 2 seconds for a couple of inaudible comments, not cursing he said, his justification was the coach was down by 20 and "wanted to go". I doubt it. I am learning about presence and game management from them and teaching them about rules knowledge which they should already know.