View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 23, 2003, 04:07pm
Do not give a damn!!

Wink What do you really expect?

If former players and coaches at the highest of levels are ignorant of the rules and the mechanics of officiating, then should I really expect the local "fat guy" who does the play by play at a radio station that might only have 1000 listeners at one time, to be much better? Many of these commentators are have no training or experience in the sports that they are participating on the radio or TV. So they show their experience by the things that come out of their mouth. Just the way it is. But I think the fact their are many cable stations and radio stations competing for airtime, this is to be expected the way officials are seen. Look, it is really easy to show a replay and say the officials screwed up, then having to make that split decision without the benefit of replay. Just try to edcuate those you can and let go the people you cannot. It amazes me how uneducated folks are when they ask me a question about a rule. It is like I spoke to them in Japanese. They do not understand the very basic rules, then you explain to them and they have nothing to say. Well, all in a days work.

Peace