Thread: Lessons learned
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 22, 2003, 09:28pm
Official Forum Member

Tony,

I don't think you should beat yourself up for this situation. Everytime you take the whistle out of your mouth and talk to the players, doesn't mean you will automatically call it the next time it happens. The coach was just being a coach and shouldn't have even bullied you into a warning in the book if you didn't think it was warranted. I don't think that warning both teams was the right thing to do here. If you were to give a warning it should have only been to the offending team. Keep talking to the players as it will prevent way more things from happening that are far worse than this. As for the pc foul, you nailed this one. I'm waiting to call one where the defender jumps straight up and the player makes contact with the arms of the defender. Maybe my partner will be able to explain that pc foul to the coach in 1 second? Most coaches claim they know the verticality rule, but I don't think they want it applied in this sitch. I'm watching for this and I'll post it when it happens. Might be rarer than a multiple foul.