View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 02, 2010, 04:00pm
Official Forum Member

From what I've noticed during the Varsity games is that when the AC comes over to the table, he's doing it by himself, without the HC asking him to, then relaying what he's seen to the HC. Majority of the time he does it is during live ball situations.

Like I stated in an earlier post, the way the coaching/statistician is setup, the ACs are extra bench personnel there as bench warmers (except during timeouts), as advisers to the HC. The statisticians are students/lower level players that sit behind the team bench with a computer/clipboard.

Both my wife & I are going to contact the HC & mention to him what we have learned & that it is a hinderance to the table that the AC is coming over looking at information that the statisticians are keeping track of.

The HC, throughout the game, when there is a lull in the action asks the Scorer about the player fouls by staying within the coaching box, so really there is no need for the AC to leave to the bench area to obtain information that the HC has asked for.

Generally the scorer is in constant communication with the HC concerning the fouls, that there are times the HC does not even need to ask.

Last edited by chseagle; Tue Nov 02, 2010 at 04:06pm.