Thread: EOG sitch
View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 02, 2010, 09:44am
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post
This is what you guys would call at any level (HS, NCAA, Pro) regardless of time & score?
In the pro game, I believe this is considered an Away-from-the-Play foul, essentially the same as the Intentional in HS/NCAA.

Quote:
I did make the unpopular, but correct call last night & one of my dearest friends & mentors told me, I would have the shortest college career in history if I go out there imposing myself on a great game

I own all 3 books & the rule is quite clear as to what should be called in this situation.
Not only is it clear in the books, but it was part of the pre-season video from John Adams. Talk to your supervisor, but it's pretty clear that the higher-ups expect this to be an intentional foul.

If it were not quite so blatant as a bear-hug, you might be able to call a common foul. (Maybe he just held him as he was trying to break to the ball, or they got their arms all tangled up.) But with a bear hug when the throw-in hasn't even ended yet is too obvious to call a common foul, IMHO, whether it's HS or, yes, even NCAA.