View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 21, 2003, 03:39pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Sorry

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
I missed the add in about one or two steps in the initial post. I would agree in that case that a shot could be released, but that would be an odd series of events.

Usually once they land, offensive players can avoid a defender. And defenders are not normally standing stationary to take a charge from a player who has already passed and taken 1-2 steps, especially when they pass to a player who is an immediate scoring threat.

Defenders normally react to the ball, in which case you would have two players moving off the ball and colliding, which would be a no call.
Very good points Hawks. The type of contact you describe is and should in most cases be a no call. I have seen however (and called a couple of times) the occasional sitch where the offensive player will make a move to the bucket from outside the three point line and immediately kick the ball out to an adjacent teammate and because of their momentum crash (hard) into a defender in the post area who was reacting to the drive (and has obtained LGP) and have A1 knock them completely to the floor. While I have only watched this a couple of times, the shot by A2 may well be on its way by then.