View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 02, 2010, 07:16am
Official Forum Member

In one of the situations I'm talking about, the AC is just basically a bench warmer except during timeouts as the team uses either lower level players as statisticians or other willing individuals.

For example: at my alma mater all the coaches on game day wear polos with the school name on them whereas the manager(s) are normally in regular street clothes with nothing identifying the school. The AC in question is the JV Coach & has one of those "higher than thou" attitudes were he thinks he's better than everyone else & is above the rules.

Yes I do realize everyone may have a varying view to the wording of both the rule & the case. As I am reading it, like stated above, not one of the coaches is supposed to be approaching the table at all unless they stay inside their coaching box (the HC only) and discuss game strategy with a player coming in to sub. If they want to know information, such as fouls, they can ask the scorer during dead ball periods from the coaches box.

Both my wife & I are thinking of doing it one step better & mentioning it to the HC since we're on good relations with him.

It's my understanding that during a Varsity Contest, the only coach that should be doing any communications/interactions with the game officials is the HC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Who's to say the AC isn't the statistician? Frankly, most times I couldn't tell the difference between the manager and an AC, as I see only three sorts of people on the bench.

1. HC
2. Players
3. Everyone else

If he's actually bothering you, it's different. Address it with the officials during a timeout or intermission; but if he's just checking with his scorer for statistical information, I'd let it go.

Last edited by chseagle; Tue Nov 02, 2010 at 07:23am.