View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 30, 2010, 09:55am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
KISS.

Unless you have a very specific mandate or use a variation of regular mechanics, then the C and T are the only ones that have a closely guarded count. They keep the count until the count stops even if that count goes to someone else's area. That is pretty standard in 3 Person, but that might not apply everywhere. Just telling you what I know and what is normal.

Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianaref View Post
NFHS manual says that the official that has primary coverage is responsible for the five second count. 3.3.2 B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Glad we do not use them anymore then. That would be stupid in my opinion to have the Lead calling a closely guarded call that moves away from them.

Peace
Rut, it's clear that your area is the one using a "very specific mandate" that deviates from the norm, and you're aware of it. So, I have to ask why you would answer a test-based question with how you are taught?

Now, if you're referring to the initial count continuing with that official until it terminates, I was under the impression that it's the normal procedure. It's how I was taught in Iowa, and how it's done in Colorado.

But as this discussion continued, it seems you're talking about all 5 second counts that begin in the L's primary.