View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 30, 2010, 09:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiple Sports View Post
The question to be asked is.........

Do you assign for the coaches or do you assign to keep your guys happy?

We can really have some fun with that !!!!
To me this is the "heart" of the matter. In my opinion the assignors Look out for themselves 1st, the Coaches 2nd, and the referees a distant 3rd only because they are necessary to allow them to earn their money.

In my Day job I work as an "Independent" insurance agent. Since I am not employed by any one insurance company, I work to find the best coverages for the customer by what ever reputable company can provide the best coverage for the lowest total cost. I have a dual fiduciary responsibility to both the customer and the company.

I think an assignor should be seeking to get the best pay, travel reimbursement and working conditions for the referees they represent. Instead, what I most often see is the assignor working to get the most compensation for themselves by cowering to coaches and leagues and dumping any referee who any coach is unable to over run.

Result is assignor compensation keeps growing while the compensation of the people doing the work stays flat, continuing to fall behind the inflation rate of travel and other costs.