Thread: Womens D-I
View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 29, 2010, 12:51pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiple Sports View Post
Rut -

Just hear me out or go to a Big East game !!!!!!

Do you really think that some of the "Heavy Hitters" ( I freakin hate that term) in the Big East (Burr / Higgins / Kitts ) really identify with what J. Adams
is preachin. They are more of the Hank Nichols approach of adv/dis.
Ask yourself how many NCAA Tournament games have these individuals worked in the past couple of years? That should be your answer.

Quote:
From where I am, I am tellin you that down in the Va / Carolina's they have bought
into the NBA / NCAA - W approach and in the NE it is, "Get up you aren't bleedin yet"
Well that is where you live. I live in the Midwest and John Adams was the assignor of a D2 conference and supervisor of the Horizon League at the D1 level (he also assigned a D3 league). You know where Adams stands on these things, well who I worked for took a similar stance.

Quote:
I know someone that works for both Larry Rose and Joe Forte and he says he

works two completely different ways for their "systems".
What does that have to do with Men's basketball? That seems like that has to do with those individuals and what they assign. The only thing maybe you could say is that Patty Broderick has more conferences and more power to decide what people do at the lower level and high level that she assigns. I know an assignor in my area that cannot stand another assignor and if you work for one guy, you likely do not work at all for the other. They both openly talk about how they do not like each other and if you try to work for both and you have game conflicts, the other will reduce your schedule or will not allow you to move up to the next level to get off their game.

To act like people do not work for different people and have to adhere to different standards is not entirely true.

The thing I hear people say that they get from the NBA is really their mechanics. Just because you report with two hands and have a similar coverage area does not mean you are trained the same. That is the most laughable part of this, because I have watched people at a NCAA-W camp and I did not see anything drastically similar that the NBA does. I have said this before; there is an NBA Evaluator/former NBA Official in my association. When he was at a college camp I attended out of state and when he did a film review for our association (which he is a Hall of Famer), I did not hear the same concepts coming from anyone else at any college camp I have ever attended.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong there are a lot of team players on the guy's side, yes you are right, I just think the ego's on our side at times can be detrimental
to our comraderie.
Maybe that is an area issue, not an NCAA level issue. I will say this again, I am fortunately to work in a league where I work with a D1 guy every other game. And when you go to the camp to get in one of my leagues, the same guys I see all the time. Those guys are nothing but helpful and treat a lot of us who are not on their level like equals. Of course they know who they are, but they have befriended many of us not on that level and help us get other opportunities. And I also know personally many D1-W officials and to act like there are not egos and factions that like and do not like each other is silly. There are many on that side that fight with each other and talk about the other behind their back (just like they do on the Men's side). The situations I have heard on the Women's side do not compare with the issues I hear about on the Men's side. And those situations on the Men's side are often about professional differences, not personal differences.

Peace