Thread: Womens D-I
View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 28, 2010, 12:47pm
Official Forum Member

J Rut - I usually agree with you but.................

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You do realize that both NCAA Men's and NCAA Women's uses the same system to train their officials? You realize both use video and the same process to share information with their officials? Just because the NCAA-W has adopted some mechanics that the NBA uses, does not mean they are doing the same thing the NBA does to train their officials. Actually the NBA is in a class of their own on that front. They use video and break down tapes that the NCAA Men's and Women's ball has yet to do on that level. It is one thing to say one is better, it is quite another to not know what you are talking about. And it is clear you do not know what you are talking about.

Peace
I have to agree with Oracle on this one. There is a mentality especially in the NE that says you stay in your pond and I'll stay in in mine. I have a friend who is young and successful in the Women's DI game and he tells me all the time about how he thinks there is more commraderie in the women's game than the men's. There is no doubt that the men's game is more physical than the NBA because we don't call ABSOLUTES like they do in NCAA - W and the NBA.

I love being on the men's side and would never give it up, but I think that John Adams really wants to speed things up regarding our adoption of NBA philosphies.........