View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 01:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Every kickoff with the wind at the kicker's back ended up going over my head (at the goal line). I saw a punt last night that started going way out of bounds and ended up being blown back to the middle of the field.

At least it didn't rain.

Weird, weird game. The visiting team got stopped 4th and goal about a foot short of the goal line. Later in the half they were driving and fumbled and the home team picked it up and went 85 yards the other way for a TD. Those 2 scores and the resulting scores the other way could've made it a very different game. It was 28-6 at the half.

The home team decided to stay in the locker room the second half and escaped by hanging on and scoring late. On a TD play we had sideline interference (5 yards) on the offense and a PF face mask on the defense. You should've heard the PA guy try to explain that one. Of course, I had to go over to the defense's sideline on that one to explain it to him.

I wore UA Cold Gear up top and on the bottom, an UA hood, and a pair of UA gloves. I looked like a walking billboard. With all that on, I was comfy. Of course, watching the highlights on TV, saw a lot of crews wearing striped coats. Could anything possibly look worse than a football official wearing a striped jacket to work a game?
We talked about that over a beer last night. You must've seen the Fox 6 Blitz. Did you notice a few guys had on a winter type head wrap over the ears..? Jeepers....what do they do when it actually gets cold out?
I've worn a jacket twice in all these years. Once in Port Washington when there was a 30 MPH wind coming off the lake...bringing the WC to about 20 degrees or less and a game in Hilbert...which was even colder. I had the same get-up as you, minus the head sleeve, and was actually quite comfy in Brown Deer.

Last edited by Canned Heat; Wed Oct 27, 2010 at 01:33pm.