Thread: Womens D-I
View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 26, 2010, 03:50pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to CLH Send a message via Yahoo to CLH
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You can take it anyway you like, but most officials that work college ball make a choice of some kind what to pursue. That is especially true in the current camp season.

But a lot of Women's officials seem to want to justify their reasons for working that ball. I should know, as almost every small college game I work I hear a Women's official point out to me or someone (not prompted to make such a comment by anyone as well) and say, "We get the same money as you do." Then look at you like you are making some mistake working a Men's game. Well sorry, but I choose to work Men's basketball because that is what I always wanted to work. I had no desire to work Women's ball and only did when I was asked. When I found out I needed to choose, I went to the Men's side only. You choose what you want to do as we are independent contractors. Some people might not have a choice, but most do. No one can tell you what you want to do when you leave your house. At that includes college basketball.

Peace
You're right many of us do make choices. My choice was to not surround myself with the typical mentality that you are exhibiting; that mentality being that we who work women's ball are inferior to you. You are reminded of the pay in an effort to further remind you that your skill level is the same as mine. Clearly, if Men's officials were so much more skilled than the women's officials whom you choose to impune, then you would be compensated as such. I am only expecting the same respect I give others as a colleague and to not have my hard work, skill level and dedication impuned simply because my players have longer hair than yours....usually