Thread: Womens D-I
View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 26, 2010, 03:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahoopref View Post
This is one of the things that John Adams is trying to correct and I (respectfully of course ) must disagree with your assignor. But I understand that you must do what your assignor tells you to do.

Adams is trying his best to get all officials "on the same page" and be uniform when it comes to floor work. It is the thinking of your assignor that is detriment of what Adams is attempting to do.
Never lose sight of the fact that positioning mechanics are only best practices, and their purpose is get the official to the best spot to see the play. If John Adams is preaching the gospel of being in the "proper" magic spot on the floor above all else, he is simply wrong. If he is preaching the gospel of being in the right place to see the play even if it isn't the magic spot on the floor, then he is spot on.

And that's what I inferred from Scrappy's assigner's statement...that it's not as important to be standing on some magical spot on the floor as it is to get the call right.