View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 21, 2010, 10:11am
Official Forum Member

These all are great points made by everyone, but let me take this one step further. What are we classifying as proper health care professional. A athletic trainer is not always a certified doctor or medical professional. How can athletic trainer give the clearance that a player is able to return especially after a brief trip to the bench.

I have never had a concussion or been in a state of that, but from knowing a few people who have had that from other sport injuries I know it normally take a couple of preliminary test for it. A player tripping over his/her feet and falling to the floor and then getting up and being "dizzy," is a sign of a concussion I get that, but how do you let a player come back in after less than a minute. The book says no matter what the player has to come out and cannot return without the written authorization of a physician being either MD/DO (09-10 Rule Book, 2-8-5 p. 16 and 3-3-8 p. 21)

I know that is out of last years rule book but if someone has this year book in front of them could they please post the verbage for this year.

My main point here is that how could you have time to have an athletic trainer check them and clear them unless the trained is an MD/DO.

Peace,
JB