View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 18, 2010, 03:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
In my opinion, this is the definition of being not-too-bright.

We measure the chains every week (using a few 10-yard line differences), but the lines may not be exactly in the right place. If we start at the 20 after a touchback (or on any major yardline) and we come up any distance short of the line on the field, IT'S SHORT. No, coach, we won't measure -- you need to get to the 30 yard line and you're an inch short of that. End of story.

I'd love to see a video of this.
I have this Tivo'd yet on my Directv DVR...unless the wife or kids deleted it. I usually have a Thursday night game (I was in Campbellsport that night for a FR game). Not sure if or how you can get it off of there without video taping your TV screen...don't have it hooked up to a CPU. It was WELL short of the 30...even the analysts (using term VERY loosely) were discussing why they would even be measuring. Yowza.

We (my HL and LJ) check the lines versus the yard marks. If there's a discrepancy, we'll figure out whether it is the chains, the paint..or both. I have heard of guys that bring a non-stretch rope that is exactly 360" long. I don't have that.....yet.