View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 15, 2010, 10:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW View Post
So under your logic, B hits the ball, steps on home plate, and stays there. Ball goes to F1 in the circle, never having gone to F3 at 1B. PU calls time.
The big problem here is calling time. Why did PU call time?

Quote:
Award a run because she ran to home and stopped? What if she had just ran from home to 2B straight past F1 and stopped there?
Well, no - shouldn't have stopped play in the first place... but if you did - for whatever reason, your options are detailed above. I would opt for putting the batter-runner on first... but "scoring the run" at least temporarily could be defenseable.

Quote:
It is not only a fundamental game concept to run from the BBox to 1B, 2B, 3B, and HP in that order, but it is rule (ASA 5.5.A.1).
Really? Care to quote that rule?
Quote:
Break the rule by running backwards, you're out.
Are you really going to try to say a BR who simply goes nowhere has created a travesty of the game or attempted to confuse opponents??!?!!
Quote:
Appealed for missing a base, you're out.
Hell yes - of course... and in the OP, this is what the defense should have done.

Quote:
In your O, leaving the runner on 3B not only creates a major disadvantage to the defense,
How???? The defense has no disadvantage, and has an easy appealable out if they'd just bother to take it.

Quote:
Call the out. You don't have any ability or rule to allow you to determine that the offensive team was confused in this situation... only that the offensive confused the fielders.
Out for what?????? The rule you're using says that the offense ran backward with the intent of confusing the defense... If that was not the purpose of the run, then you can't call her out just because the effect was to confuse them. Besides - running directly from the batters box to third base is NOT running the bases backward. It's simply skipping bases.

West Houston Mike