View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 09, 2010, 12:18am
Official Forum Member

Maybe that's it. Interesting night last night AND tonight.

Last night's strange play was a blocked field goal that K picked up and passed (heaved) and caught by A52 for an apparent first down. A52 is a problem as a receiver, so we get together and have illegal touching. No real confusion after about a 30 second discussion to get everything right, but B's coach wants the ball. "Sorry, coach, you don't get the ball. Its a 5 yard mark off and a replay of the down." Coaches go crazy, insisting that I -- someone who just updated his pregame chart with loss of down fouls -- am wrong. I'm not. (NCAA) Illegal touching is 5 yards from previous spot. Period. K rekicks and makes it. My assignor is going to call him next week and tell him we got the call right since he mentioned the assignor by name, saying he would call him and let me know I was wrong. Last year, they try to convince us we'd missed a down. I'm convinced they are trying to bully us into certain calls and I've had enough of it.

Tonight was even more weird. We had TWO untimed downs due to penalties. Another blocked kick. Safety, a bunch of turnovers, high scoring (i.e. no defense) and a LONG game. A live ball personal foul (enforced half the distance) and a dead ball PF by the other team enforced the full 15 yards.

Last edited by Texas Aggie; Sat Oct 09, 2010 at 12:56pm.